Fly Fishing Guide School
It has now been proven that finding qualified guides in this region of the country is not easy. By qualified, we are talking about guides with deep understanding of not only river and lake trout tactics, but also considerable knowledge of the saltwater and estuary fly fishing opportunities in our area as well as spey casting and steelhead experience. These are all necessary to be an extremely well rounded guide in the Puget Sound area of western Washington.
Besides the guiding, we also experience a tremendous number of people looking to learn to fly fish one or more of the fisheries that exist in this area. One of the biggest parts to being a great guide is also the ability to be an effective instructor. Because classes and schools are a part of the guiding equation around here, it is an integral part of what we require to be a full time guide with us.
During the week, we will spend extensive time on the following subject matter:
1. Steelhead Rivers
2. Trout Rivers and Creeks
3. Trout Lakes
1. Trout/Sea Run Trout
3. Salmon--Pink, Chum, Coho, Blackmouth/Chinook
4. Bass, Carp, Muskee/Pike
Regarding the info above
1. Single Handed Casting
2. Double Handed/Spey Casting
3. Thorough understanding of equipment, knots, fresh and saltwater entomology, reading water fresh and salt
4. Fishing tactics for many regional estuaries and species
Essentials for this area
1. Rowing for trout fly fishing from the boat
2. Boating safety
3. Necessary gear
1. Handling confrontation
2. Professionalism in manners and appearence
2. Land Use
1. Covering what sets us apart from other guide services and why we do it
3. Over all client experience
4. Lunch menu
Clothing and equipment checklist -- Summer, Winter
||7 Days Guide Training
Includes: Instructors, EWA Fly Fishing Manual, 3 meals a day, all materials and equipment necessary for the week. 3 guides per instructor maximum.
In our clients' words...
In the press...
To receive special reports and news on upcoming events, new destinations and new products, drop us an email to receive our newsletter. email@example.com