Quick Facts and Pricing
- Mid June – September 1
- $5050-$6950 per angler, 7 nights/6 days fishing package
- Native Steelhead
- We are proponents of swinging flies with two handed/spey rods on all our steelhead trips and are more than happy to provide personal instruction on becoming proficient with them. What we generally recommend is spey rods 6-9wt. depending on season with compact Skagit or Scandi heads and various sinking tips.
- Bunny Leeches, Egg Sucking Leeches, Flatwing General Practitioners, Mega Moal, Skagit Minnows, Morrish’s Trailer Trash, River Rats, Fergus Rock Star, Skunks, Purple Perils, Skykomish Sunrises for steelhead. Flesh flies, egg patterns for Dolly Varden and pink, purple and chartreuse flies for coho.
- 6 – 2/0 flies depending on season
- All inclusive package
- Clothing and Equipment Checklist
- Cancellation Policy
BC West is the only lodge on the Dean where guests fish both below and above the canyon. Below the canyon, they cover huge runs in search of the freshest of the fresh – fish within a mile and a half of the salt, often in on the previous tide. Above the canyon we cover more classic steelhead holding water, including runs that provide opportunities to fish dry flies.
All of the fishing is done using swung flies and the majority of guests use two-handed rods, but that’s certainly not a requirement – single-handers have been extremely effective on the Dean for many years and still can be!