Quick Facts and Pricing
- December – April
- Ideal Flows
- Full day 8-9 hours fishing time
- From Seattle
- 3 1/2 hours
- $200 per angler/per night for multi day camp trips
Prices do not include WA sales tax
- Wild Steelhead
- We are proponents of swinging flies with two handed/spey rods on all our steelhead trips and are more than happy to provide personal instruction on becoming proficient with them. What we generally recommend is spey rods 6-9wt.(7wt being ideal) depending on season with compact Skagit or Scandi heads and various sinking tips.
- Bunny Leeches, Egg Sucking Leeches, Flatwing General Practitioners, Mega Moal, Skagit Minnows, Morrish’s Trailer Trash, River Rats, Fergus Rock Star, Skunks, Purple Perils, Skykomish Sunrises for steelhead.
- 6 – 2/0 flies depending on season
- Shore lunch included on Full Day Trips
Let us know dietary restrictions
Pricing: Full Day $525 – $100 Additional 3rd Angler – All Equipment Included
Season: December – April
Species: Wild Steelhead
Fly fishing the Hoh River is without question a notch to be made on every steelhead anglers belt. Stepping onto Washington’s Olympic Peninsula lands you smack dab in the middle of winter steelheading’s hallowed ground. Inch for inch this area provides both opportunity and sustenance to the steelhead fanatic. Winter steelhead fly-fishers seem to be imbued with a strange quirk not generally seen in genes of the normal fly.
The ability to survive and even revel in abusive weather conditions, cold water, lethargic fish tendencies, shortened days and bleak conditions that scream, “stay home” are all part of the magic and legend surrounding winter fish on the fly. In reality the quiet solitude, peaceful unhurried pace and dramatic possibilities make this a “must do” experience for serious fly anglers. As in most cases the rewards are commensurate with the challenges overcome.
Rivers on the peninsula are smaller, each with a unique personality. The Hoh in many people’s book is the best of the best. Hook-ups with fifteen-pound fish are possible with some fish nearing twenty pounds fueling many a squandered moment of reflection during retreat from workday blues.
While many hope to fish the Hoh, please understand the conditions change on a daily basis out here in the spring so any given day may alter plans putting us on one of the other rivers in the region.
Our Hoh River steelhead fly fishing guides are excited to see you become a proficient spey caster and work hard to ensure each person leaves us an improved angler with a similar passion for the swung fly.
Single and multi day trips are available. We have partnered with Manitou Lodge to provide an exceptional lodging experience on our O.P. steelhead trips. Please let them know you are fishing with us.