Quick Facts and Pricing
- Mid Summer – Late Fall
- Ideal Flows
- Full day 8-9 hours fishing time
- 2 and 3 day multi-day camp trips available
- From Seattle
- 4 -5 hours
- $200 per angler/per night for multi day camp trips
Prices do not include WA sales tax
- Wild Steelhead
- We are proponents of swinging flies with two handed/spey rods on all our steelhead trips and are more than happy to provide personal instruction on becoming proficient with them. What we generally recommend is spey rods 6-9wt. depending on season with compact Skagit or Scandi heads and various sinking tips.
- Bunny Leeches, Egg Sucking Leeches, Flatwing General Practitioners, Mega Moal, Skagit Minnows, Morrish’s Trailer Trash, River Rats, Fergus Rock Star, Skunks, Purple Perils, Skykomish Sunrises for steelhead.
- 6 – 2/0 flies depending on season
- Shore lunch included on Full Day Trips
Let us know dietary restrictions
Pricing: Full Day $525 – $100 Additional 3rd Angler – All Equipment Included
Season: September – December
Species: Wild Steelhead
The Klick is located in south-central Washington where it enters the Columbia at the town of Lyle. From here, it is paralleled by the main access road, SR 142. The Klicktat is considered a middle/upper Columbia River tributary and flows into the Columbia between Bonneville and The Dalles Dams more or less across and a bit east of Hood River, Oregon. This is a fast dropping river with a considerable amount of whitewater but in between are wonderful slicks, pools and tail-outs ideal for swinging flies for big native steelhead.
The ideal time of year for considering this river for a steelhead trip is August through November, with the river open for steelhead fishing June 1st through the end of November.
If you would enjoy a shot at a 15 pound or larger native steelhead, on a swung fly, in small, intimate water, then this is your trip. We do not nymph for steelhead here or on any of our other steelhead trips, it just isn’t necessary. Besides, once you have felt the pull on a swung fly, you’ll never go back!
Multi-day float trips are available and are a wonderful way to see all the Klickitat has to offer.