Quick Facts and Pricing
- Late Fall/Winter – Variable
- Ideal Flows
- Full day 8-9 hours fishing time
- From Seattle
- 2 1/2 hours
- Prices do not include WA sales tax
- Wild Steelhead
- We are proponents of swinging flies with two handed/spey rods on all our steelhead trips and are more than happy to provide personal instruction on becoming proficient with them. What we generally recommend is spey rods 6-9wt.(7wt being ideal) depending on season with compact Skagit or Scandi heads and various sinking tips.
- Bunny Leeches, Egg Sucking Leeches, Flatwing General Practitioners, Mega Moal, Skagit Minnows, Morrish’s Trailer Trash, River Rats, Fergus Rock Star, Skunks, Purple Perils, Skykomish Sunrises for steelhead.
- 6 – 2/0 flies depending on season
- Shore lunch included on Full Day Trips
Let us know dietary restrictions
Pricing: Full Day $525 – $100 Additional 3rd Angler – All Equipment Included
Season: September – December
Species: Wild Steelhead
The Wenatchee River is one of the least known steelhead rivers in the state, except for the people who have fished it. Those who have fished it know that it can be one of the most prolific steelhead streams in the PNW. Located in the north central portion of Washington, this river can be a bit touch to reach during the fall and winter, depending on weather but no matter, it is worth it.
Considered an east side stream, these steelhead are a summer steelhead. They would normally arrive mid summer and some still do but due to the extensive dam system on the Columbia River that they must navigate and the distance they travel, we really begin to see good numbers of fish arrive in the later summer and early fall time frame.
Much of the water here is medium yet intimate and riddled with some of the most classic swinging water Washington can lay claim to.
Many of the states legendary steelhead anglers consider the Wenatchee to the epic steelhead watershed in the NW.
Water here an accommodate anything or anyone, a wonderful arena for learning the craft of spey or two handed casting and for anglers with extensive experience and proficiency it will simply be a pleasure to cast and step through.
See also Methow River